Florida Slip, Trip, & Fall Injury Attorney
Did Hazardous Conditions Cause You To Slip, Trip, Or Fall? Our South Florida Personal Injury Law Firm Will Aggressively Represent You To Help You Obtain Compensation For What Happened, Such As Your Medical Bills, Lost Wages, Pain And Suffering, And Other Issues That You May Face Because Of Your Injury?
Why Choose Cohen & Juda?
- Talk & Work With The Owners – No Associates, No Case Managers, You Get Us: Harvey Cohen or Gary Juda. We handle your case personally. Why risk getting a bad result with a big law firm’s employees who barely care when your case can be handled by the owners directly?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Highly Rated by our clients. See some of our client reviews below.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Accidents Don’t Wait for Weekdays – Neither do the right lawyers. We are available to you 7 days a week.
- Office Visits Not Required – We understand you may have children or are simply in pain, and we respect your time. Mr. Cohen or Mr. Juda can come to you to sign up your case.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Experienced – We’ve been representing South Florida residents like you since 1999.
- Empathy, Detail & Urgency – Your case is the center of your world. We work with empathy to ensure you feel heard, meticulous detail to ensure no aspect of your case is missed, and urgency to get you your money faster.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Unlike large firms, you’re not part of an assembly line. We really get to know you and your situation. We have been helping people in South Florida and throughout Florida for decades.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that everyone’s needs are unique. We treat you with the attention you deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We do not just return phone calls, but we will keep you updated on your case, if there is no update, we still want to see how you are doing.
Begin With A Call to Us
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Florida
Florida law has different statutes of limitations which affect the amount of time you have to file your claim. The time limits are based on the type of case you have. The law has recently changed. We suggest you contact an attorney immediately to find out how the Statute of Limitations may affect your negligence, nursing home neglect or wrongful death claim.
The law in Florida requires property owners and landlords to ensure that their properties are reasonably safe for residents, employees, and visitors. If you are injured inside or outside a building due to unsafe conditions or negligence of the property owner or manager, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your injuries.
Proving Fault in a Slip and Fall Case
To prove fault or negligence in a slip and fall case, the victim must prove that the person in charge of the property failed to act in a way that any reasonable person would in addressing the dangerous condition that led to the accident. In doing so, the victim and their legal team must find the answers to some relevant questions that include the following:
- Was the hazardous condition present for a long enough time that a reasonably attentive person would have noticed and done something about it?
- Did the person in charge of the property create the dangerous condition?
- Did the property owner or manager know about the dangerous condition?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then the property owner or manager can be held liable because it can be determined that their negligence caused the dangerous condition to occur or persist. You should note that while you are intent on proving that the property owner or someone who works for them was responsible for the condition that led to the accident, they will be trying to prove that you were at fault instead.
A Florida slip and fall accident lawyer is your best bet to get compensation after your trip and fall injury. Facility owners always have attorneys to deal with such cases; their insurance companies will do everything to discredit or lowball your claim.
Comparative Fault in Slip and Fall Cases
When the property owner argues that the slip and fall victim was partially or completely responsible for the accident, it falls under the legal concept of comparative fault. Comparative fault comprises two types of laws, comparative negligence, and contributory negligence. The one that applies to your case depends on the state in which you live. In states with contributory negligence laws, you cannot collect any damages if it is determined that you are even a little bit at fault for the accident.
States with comparative negligence laws are less harsh because they take the percentage of the slip and fall victim’s liability into account and award them damages based on that percentage. For example, if the victim was set to collect $1000 in damages, but it was determined that they were 50% responsible for the accident, they would collect $500 instead. Florida is a comparative fault state, so you can still retain a slip and fall accident attorney in Florida even if you were partially at fault for the accident.
If you were completely at fault for the accident, then a successful claim is far less likely, so you should consider if any of the following factors apply to your case:
- Were you distracted and not paying attention when you encountered the situation that caused you to slip and fall?
- Were you legally allowed to enter the place where the slip and fall accident happened, or was there a reasonable explanation for why you were there?
- Were there clear warning signs informing people of the danger that was present?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you have a much lower chance of receiving compensation for the slip and fall accident.
What to do if you’ve been injured in an accident:
- Report your accident to the appropriate authorities ASAP. Whether this is the police, an employer, a store employee, or a supervisor. Get medical treatment for any injuries you have sustained, don’t “shake it off.” Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries or internal injuries can have delayed symptoms. The sooner you can receive medical attention, the better for your health and your case.
- Collect as much information as possible. You or someone you trust should attempt to get information from any involved parties. Important information can be the names of all parties involved and any eyewitnesses. If you were in a car crash, get the other driver’s insurance information too.
- Take photographs. Photograph the scene, your injuries, the causing factors of the accident, and anything you think may be relevant. If you were injured on someone’s property due to a dangerous condition, take photos of the dangerous condition.
- Get copies of all relevant documents. This can include police reports, incident reports, medical documents, and communications with insurance companies.
The more information you have about your case, the stronger your claim will be. If you were injured due to another’s carelessness, contact one of our experienced Florida Personal Injury lawyers to learn more about filing a claim.
Should I Get A Slip, Trip, & Fall Lawyer?
Maybe you are the type of person who is hesitant to sue anyone. Still, you could be experiencing pain, suffering, and discomfort, dealing with piles of unexpected medical bills, time off work, and being confused about how to move forward.
Shouldn’t someone pay for what happened? Having a Premises Liability attorney is, unfortunately, a reality for ensuring you get what you deserve and what is right.
Client Reviews – Cohen And Juda
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience
“Out of all the law firms we considered, I was absolutely thrilled that I selected Cohen and Juda to represent us,” “They helped me and my family when we really had no idea of our options,” “Gary and his staff are very kind and knowledgeable will fight for you keeping in mind that you are first above all,”They answered our questions with expertise and explained everything so we understood, “ My case was not the largest, but I always felt like it was. Cohen & Juda were professional , courteous and kind. They would not rest until they knew I received what I deserved for my accident. I would recommend them to family and friends,” “Cohen and Judah are a very professional law firm, I have worked with before, they always respond in a timely manner, are patient to give clients the best understanding so you agree to best the option. They definitely have the qualities a good law firm should possess.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families in and around Plantation and throughout South Florida.
Locally, people come to us from Plantation Acres, Country Club Estates, Plantation Isles, Plantation Gardens, Mirror Lake, Broward County, South Atlantic, Lauderdale West, and more.