Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if I have a case?

The only way for us to help you determine whether you have a case is to call for a free consultation. Many times, an injured person is unaware of the issues and/or law which determines responsibility in the claim. The best way to find out is to call 1-866-Fair-Fee.

If I am injured, who pays my medical bills?

The answer to this question is not as simple as it seems. In an automobile accident, your own automobile insurance (Personal Injury Protection Insurance) will pay your initial medical bills. In any other type of claim, the party who caused the accident is responsible for the ultimate payment of your medical bills. However, they may deny their responsibility. Accordingly, they may not be paid until the conclusion of the case. This does not mean you’re responsible when the bills are denied. If you have health insurance, your bills will ordinarily be paid by the health insurance carrier.

Who is responsible for my lost wages?

As a general rule, your lost wages are part of your damage claim. Accordingly, they would be payable as part of any settlement or verdict at the end of your claim. If your claim involves an automobile accident, the personal injury protection benefits under your policy would provide you re-payment of a certain percentage of your benefits. Unfortunately, there is no way to force temporary payment of lost wages from the defendant while the claim is in litigation.

What do I do during the pendency of my case?

Basically, you have two responsibilities during the pendency of your claim. First, go to the doctor. Take care of your medical condition, and try your best to feel better. Second, provide all documents which may help support your claim. This is an ongoing process, and we will look to you to provide documents on many occasions. Additionally, it will be necessary for you to provide documentation of all types of health, auto, home owners insurance. Depending on the type of claim, will be necessary for you to provide documentation of all types of health, auto, and/or home owners insurance, so that it can be properly documented.

If I am represented by the Firm should I talk to any person, adjuster, or representative who calls me about my case?

No! If you are represented by our firm, you should have all communication go through our office. Simply give the individual the name and number of our firm, and we will take care of either providing any requested information, or denying their request based on an appropriate reason.

How To Contact Cohen & Juda About Your Case?

If you or someone you know have suffered personal injury or death due to the negligence, recklessness or wrongful acts of another, simply complete the Case Information Form in the sidebar. We will review the information and promptly respond to your request.